Skip to main content

Mickey Crafts for Mickey's 90th Birthday

Happy Birthday Mickey Mouse! 


Earlier this month my class celebrated Mickey's 90th birthday! We had a "birthday" party, complete with Mickey mouse cupcakes, veggie chips & Gold fish in the shape of Mickey and water bottles that one of the mom's brought with Mickey Mouse labels.

And we did some Mickey Mouse crafts! We were working on the letter M this month, so we did M for Mickey Mouse.

I cut out the letter M in black paper, the kids glued the red part, two yellow buttons, and mouse ears. Super easy, and super cute.

We also made a Mickey Birthday craft.

The kids used glitter and glue to decorate Mickey's birthday hat and added the colored circle stickers for a fun confetti/party look.

It was a fun week! I always enjoy when I can add an extra pop of Mickey in my classroom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Disney Dramatic Play Kitchen

A while back I saw this darling Minnie Mouse play kitchen. I fell in love with it but didn't have the money to buy it for my classroom. (But if you are wanting to skip the DIY path, the paint stained hands, and the frustration you can buy it through Amazon by clicking on the picture.)                                                     What I did have in my room was a wood play kitchen set that had seen better days, but beggars can't be choosers. The longer I looked at them, the more I got the itch to paint them. I covered the back of the little stove with bulletin board paper when I turned my dramatic play area into Mickey's Bakery. You can see pics of that  Here . That helped for a little while, but when that came off and you could see the ugly back again, I knew it was time. I have never done a furniture DIY project. I'm sure this comes super easy to some people, and with practice I'm sure it would be easier for me to do too. Painting it red was no pr

Mickey Gingerbread House

I have been having so much fun incorporating mickey into some of my crafts to coincide with my Mickey themed classroom. As soon as Christmas time rolled around I knew I wanted to make a Mickey themed Gingerbread house. I love gingerbread, and my Christmas tree at home is decorated with them. So a Mickey gingerbread theme is just the best of both worlds. I freehand cut out all of the decorations (apart from the glittery gingerbread man and cup cake cutouts that I had picked up at the dollar store and had left over from different projects. And the white bulletin board borders that I used as "icing.")  I also added some brown bulletin board paper to the back of the play kitchen and added a Mickey's Bakery menu board. They baked and served felt gingerbread and other goodies in our dramatic play center.  The kids made Mickey gingerbread men.  I gave them a tray full of collage items and mickey ears with their name on it to tie in with our gingerbread h