Skip to main content

Classroom Elf -- Disney Style

I love Christmas and all the fun traditions that go with it. I am a huge fan of Elf on a Shelf. At home we have an elf named Snickers who gets into all kinds of mischief. I knew I wanted an elf for my preschool class as well, but I wanted to tie into my Disney themed class room. I've seen lots of Disney themed ideas for the regular Elf on a Shelf but I was so excited when I found a Minnie Mouse elf on Amazon. They have a cute Mickey elf too.


                      
 Today was the day our elf arrived in our class! I waited for one of the kids to notice it and then pretended to be very surprised that she was there. She wrote a note to our class an explained that they can't touch her or she will lose her magic.

For the note I just downloaded a Mickey and Minnie font that I use for a lot of classroom stuff.
The kids were very excited at the idea that she goes to the North Pole and talks to Santa. Also our elf left a note on our classroom door to let all who come in know that our class is under elf surveillance.


So far it has been a very fun thing and I'm looking forward to the kids looking around and trying to find where Minnie the Elf lands when she comes back from the North Pole each day. 

If you are looking to get a regular Elf on a Shelf you can get one here:
                                                           








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Behavior Chart

Last year was the first year I tried a behavior chart. I threw something together in the middle of the year because I needed to change up my classroom discipline for some of the students in my class. I ended up really liking the color chart and the visual concept for kids.  So I knew I needed a new one. And since my classroom is Mickey I thought why not? Another teacher gave me the scrapbook paper, but you could use any kind. I cut out the mickey heads out of black construction paper and had the whole thing laminated at Lakeshore who had a coupon for free laminating with any purchase. (Woot woot!) I just use regular clothes pins for the names. But you could spruce them up. You could even modge podge cute scrapbook paper on them. I did that to the clips that hold their art work.  If they end the day on blue (I'm a Handy Helper) they get in the treasure box.

DIY Disney Dramatic Play Kitchen

A while back I saw this darling Minnie Mouse play kitchen. I fell in love with it but didn't have the money to buy it for my classroom. (But if you are wanting to skip the DIY path, the paint stained hands, and the frustration you can buy it through Amazon by clicking on the picture.)                                                     What I did have in my room was a wood play kitchen set that had seen better days, but beggars can't be choosers. The longer I looked at them, the more I got the itch to paint them. I covered the back of the little stove with bulletin board paper when I turned my dramatic play area into Mickey's Bakery. You can see pics of that  Here . That helped for a little while, but when that came off and you could see the ugly back again, I knew it was time. I have never done a furniture DIY project. I'm sure this comes su...

Mickey Crafts for Mickey's 90th Birthday

Happy Birthday Mickey Mouse!  Earlier this month my class celebrated Mickey's 90th birthday! We had a "birthday" party, complete with Mickey mouse cupcakes, veggie chips & Gold fish in the shape of Mickey and water bottles that one of the mom's brought with Mickey Mouse labels. And we did some Mickey Mouse crafts! We were working on the letter M this month, so we did M for Mickey Mouse. I cut out the letter M in black paper, the kids glued the red part, two yellow buttons, and mouse ears. Super easy, and super cute. We also made a Mickey Birthday craft. The kids used glitter and glue to decorate Mickey's birthday hat and added the colored circle stickers for a fun confetti/party look. It was a fun week! I always enjoy when I can add an extra pop of Mickey in my classroom!